What is Paintless Dent Repair?
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR), is a method of removing minor dents and dings without removing any paint from the vehicle. This is done by very patiently massaging the dent out from the back of the panel, or sometimes from the front using specialized tools.
What are the benefits of Paintless Dent Repair?
The most important benefit is quality. This method is the closest you can get to the dent never happening in the first place. No grinding, bondo, fillers, or primers are needed because your original factory paint is not disturbed. There are no problems with filler or paint shrinkage months after the repair as is typical with most conventional repairs. Cost is also a major benefit of Paintless Dent Repair. A typical estimate for a minor dent from a body shop usually ranges between $350 – $500 or higher. That same dent can usually be repaired for $75 – $150 using Paintless Dent Repair. Time savings is yet another advantage. That same dent can often be fixed in less than an hour. A body shop will take 3 – 5 days, or longer.
Will my paint be damaged?
No. Today’s factory paints are very flexible and will not be damaged in any way by this process. Paintless Dent Repair is the only way to repair a dent and still keep your factory paint.
Will my dents be 100% gone?
On minor dents, in most cases, yes. The deeper the dent, the more difficult it is to repair. Even on larger dents, once we’re done, most people are amazed at the results. We always explain in detail how your dent will likely look before any work is started.
Will my dents come back?
Absolutely not. Once a dent has been removed properly with Paintless Dent Repair, it never comes back. Most dents repaired conventionally develop a ring around the dent, or sand scratch marks 3 – 6 months after the repair. This is never the case with properly performed Paintless Dent Repair.
Can any dent be fixed?
No. The most important factors in determining if a dent can be repaired by Paintless Dent Repair are depth and location. Dents the size of a dinner plate or larger can be fixed successfully, as long as they are not too deep, or twisted. On the other hand, some dents that are as small as a dime, but very deep, cannot be fixed using Paintless Dent Repair because the metal is too stretched. Cracked paint can also be an indication that a dent is too deep. The most common dents fixed are the size of a golf ball and under. About 95% of minor dents can be repaired, leaving about 5% of minor dents that can’t be fixed due to depth or location. Areas such as some quarter panel opening lips, some forward areas of heavily braced hoods, or the very edges of some panels are examples of bad locations.
What does “no drilling” mean?
It has become common practice by many Paintless Dent Repair technicians to drill or punch holes in places like door frames, quarter panel jambs, inner wheelhouse panels, etc. to gain access to a dent with their tools. Most of the time, the customer is not even informed of this. I have seen “repairs” where as many as 7 – 10 holes were drilled to access one dent. Dent-Pro of the Upstate will always take the extra time to try and repair a dent without drilling. In the event that there is no other way to repair a dent except to drill a small hole, or if it is less expensive to drill a small hole, you will always be advised of this and the choice will be yours. If a small hole is necessary, it will be rust-proofed and plugged.
Do you do scratches or paint work?
No, we don’t. There are too many quality problems with the quick, mobile paint repair systems. If your vehicle needs paint work, I’ll be happy to refer you to a quality paint shop in your area.
Can Paintless Dent Repair help me with my LEASE RETURN vehicle?
We sure can. We can remove those dents for a lot less than you will be charged for “excessive wear and tear on your vehicle’s exterior.” If your lease is up soon, give us a call; you’ll be glad you did.
I’ve got lots of dents, do you have a discount for more than one dent?
Yes, we offer discounts for multiple dents. If you have more than one minor dent on a panel, we can generally include those dents for very little extra, depending on the sizes and number of dents. If your car has a lot of minor dents, we offer a per car price that is very reasonable.
Can Paintless Dent Repair help me SELL MY CAR?
Ever hear the saying “Image is everything”? Most people judge a car by its appearance. If it looks good, they assume it has been well taken care of. Used car dealers and wholesalers know this. They also know what they spend on Paintless Dent Repair will increase the price of the car, and will help them sell the car more quickly. If you’re selling your car, Paintless Dent Repair is one of the best ways to get top dollar, more interested buyers, and a quicker sale.
What is Paintless Dent Repair?